In this approximately 33-minute show, Darrell Shandrow chats with Kevin Chao about advocacy, Android, electronic books, iOS, podcasting, product testing and the rest of his work to move the accessibility industry forward. We congratulate Kevin (@kevinchao89) on his new position with the Alternative Media Access Center at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Check out these interesting resources Kevin mentions during our interview.
- VoiceOverOn Podcast
- iGrill app-enabled wireless BluetoothÂ® meat thermometer
- Tanita BC-590BT Bluetooth Radio Wireless Body Composition Scale
- Withings Wi-Fi Body Scale
- Withings Blood Pressure Monitor
- Nest Learning Thermostat
- Alternative Media Access Center (AMAC)
- STEPP: The Student E-rent Pilot Project
- Bookshare – Accessible Books and Periodicals for Individuals with Print Disabilities
- Learning Ally – Accessible materials for individuals with visual and learning disabilities
- AccessText Network – Accessible Textbook Finder
Paul J. Adam (@pauljadam) joins us near the end of the show for a fascinating conversation about how the Android operating system works and compares with iOS.
We thank Jeff Bishop (@jeffbishop) for his tireless hours of dedicated work on the audio editing of our CSUN podcasts. These efforts made it possible for us to share our CSUN experience with all of you and expand our knowledge of the assistive technology field.
We love hearing from our listeners! Please feel free to talk with us in the comments. What do you like? How could we make the show better? What topics would you like us to cover on future shows?
If you use Twitter, letâ€™s get connected! Please follow Allison (@AlliTalk) and Darrell (@darrell).