If you are a decision maker in a company that is being asked to become accessible to potential customers with disabilities, following the ADMIT approach will allow you to rise up from the cold, dark abyss of exclusion, inaccessibility and isolation into the bright, sunny promised land of inclusion, accessibility and participation. As always, all feedback is welcome.
- Admit the existence of the problem and the need to become accessible.
- Decide to take sincere actions to reasonably solve the problem.
- Make contact with the community of technology users with disabilities to help you implement, test and troubleshoot.
- Implement accessibility as a core value throughout your company, doing your best now and building it into all new products and services.
- Test accessible solutions on real people with disabilities.