This is it folks! The week that Microsoft and many in the world have been waiting for! It is Windows Vista launch week and we cover it this week in a very special 3 hour edition of Main Menu Live! As a very dear friend said, VISTA may stand for “Visual, information, spoken to all”. Come and find out if this is indeed the case with the first two screen reader companies to publicly support Vista and Microsoft Corporation as we present all things Windows Vista! Darrell Shandrow (a co-host for Main Menu Live) and myself will be bringing you this very special Main Menu Live. Our guests will include:
- Daniel Hubbell from Microsoft’s Accessibility Technology Group will be joining us to tell us all about Vista.
- Jamie Pauls from Access Watch brings us another mini product review of Rhapsody 4.0 as we prepare for one of our guests to bring them on live.
- We may be hearing from Dolphin all about Hal for Vista. This is still in progress and if we can not bring it to you this week we will have it on an upcoming edition of Main Menu Live.
- Mike Calvo and Matt Campbell from Serotek will be joining us to talk all about System Access and Windows Vista. Serotek has already announced support for Windows Vista and we ask Mike and Matt all about the experience of using Vista with System Access. In addition, we will talk all about ScriptSure with System Access.
- This past week at ATIA, GW Micro announced that they will be shipping a public beta of Window-Eyes 6.1 for Windows Vista and other operating systems. We bring Doug Geoffray on Main Menu Live to talk to us all about Windows Vista. What will Window-Eyes users expect to see with this new operating system?
As you can see, it will be a jam packed show full of great news. Should you go out and buy Windows Vista? Wait a day or so and listen to this very special Main Menu Live before making your decision.
If you have any questions for any of our guests this week, then please get them to us. They can be mailed to email@example.com. If you would prefer to call into the show and ask your question then simply call 866-400-5333 when the show starts. We will have open lines during the entire 3 hour show.
The on demand and podcast archives will be immediately available after the last airing of Main Menu Live on the Main Stream channel. Refer to the On Demand archives for the download or add this link to your PodCatcher to subscribe to the Main Menu podcast feed: http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=mainmenu. You may also want to join the ACB Radio Main Stream replay podcast feed
which is: http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=replay. Keep in mind that this weeks show will be a bit larger download for those of you that receive it with a podcatching client due to its length.
Please let everyone know about this weeks show. This is sure to be one not to miss. This new operating system will affect everyone eventually, you can count on that.
Main Menu Live can be heard on Tuesday evening at 8:00 Eastern, 5:00 Pacific, and at 1 universal on Wednesday morning on the ACB Radio Main Stream channel. Don’t forget that this will be a 3 hour show.
Main Menu Producer