Are you having trouble accessing the chat rooms at http://www.vipconduit.com using Internet Explorer 7.0? Are you seeing various browser security related messages? Even though you know you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the VIP Communicator, is the client showing you strange error messages and unceremoniously closing? The solution is to add vipconduit.com to Internet Explorer’s “Trusted sites” zone and reduce the security of that zone. Here’s how to get that done:
- Open Internet Explorer 7 as usual.
- Press alt+t to pull down the Tools menu.
- Press o to select Options.
- Press Control+Tab to move to the Security page.
- Press tab to “select a web content zone”.
- Press right arrow until you reach “Trusted sites”.
- Press tab twice to move to the “security level” field.
- Press the End key to set the security level to “0 percent” which allows trusted sites to download, install and run most content without prompts.
- Press shift+tab to move to the “Sites” button, then press the space bar.
- If you are not already there, press shift+tab to move to the “Add this website to the zone” field.
- Press tab to select the Add button and press the space bar.
- Tab to the “Close” button and press the space bar.
- Tab to the OK button and press enter to dismiss the dialogue box and return to the browser window. You have now added vipconduit.com to the list of web sites that are implicitly trusted by your browser.
You can repeat this procedure for any sites you wish to use without running into frequent security related prompts displayed by means of Internet Explorer’s new info bar. Exercise extreme caution when adding a site to those trusted by Internet Explorer. It would be a very good idea for you to implicitly trust the authors of the web site before even thinking about asking your browser to do the same.
Maybe I missed it here but I would first go to the vipconduit website first and then do the 13 steps Darrell has provided to do the setup. If I am wrong I apologize. Thank you Darrell for all you do!