Today, Freedom Scientific has released their fifth update to JAWS 8.0. Many users are continuing to report unresolved issues, including the following:
- Blank virtual buffers in Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and other applications.
- Unexplainable crashes pointing to FSBraille when no Braille display is in use.
- Persistent canned responses and lack of responses on issues reported to technical support.
- Various concerns with Windows Vista support:
- Many dialogue boxes are not readable except by way of the JAWS cursor.
- Issues accessing Windows Mail included in Vista.
- Problems reading the sliders in the Windows Vista Volume Control.