The following tech tip is derived from a message I wrote to a mailing list in response to a request for help to remove JAWS from the order of windows presented when changing tasks using the Alt+Tab command.
You can run JAWS from the System Tray instead of the Taskbar, which will remove it from the alt+tab order of windows. Follow these steps:
- Press JAWS Key+J to open the JAWS window.
- Press alt+o for the Options menu.
- Press b for the Basics dialogue.
- Tab over to “Run JAWS from the System Tray” and press the space bar to check this box.
- Tab to OK and press enter.
- The next time JAWS or your computer restarts, JAWS will be in the System Tray.
Note: In the vast majority of scenarios, the JAWS Key is the insert key on the lower left-hand corner of the numeric keypad.